- This event has passed.
Legislative Training Series Part 4: Preparing & Giving Testimony
February 4 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
Training Series Part 4 of 4: Preparing & Giving Testimony
10am – 1pm • February 4, 2017
DIRECT Center for Independence, Inc.
1001 N. Alvernon Way
Tucson, AZ 85711
Together, we can and do make a difference!
Legislators work for you, the voter. So, join us for a training series to learn:
- How the legislative process works
- How to advocate to protect our civil rights and ensure adequate funding for disability issues
Topics covered in this training:
- Options for giving testimony
- Best practices for preparing and giving personal testimony
- Putting it into practice: draft personal testimony
- Sign up for Request to Speak System so you can testify online
Additional trainings in this series:
- Part 1: Policy Advocacy – Getting Started — January 14, 2017
- Part 2: Meeting with Legislators — January 21, 2017
- Part 3: Writing to Legislators — January 28, 2017
» Download the Legislative Training Series Flyer
“Get into politics as if your life depends upon it, because it does”
– Justin Dart (father of the ADA)