- This event has passed.
Legislative Training Series Part 2: Meeting with Legislators
January 21, 2017 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
Training Series Part 2 of 4: Meeting with Legislators
10am – 1pm • January 21, 2017
DIRECT Center for Independence, Inc.
1001 N. Alvernon Way
Tucson, AZ 85711
Together, we can and do make a difference!
Legislators work for you, the voter. So, join us for a training series to learn:
- How the legislative process works
- How to advocate to protect our civil rights and ensure adequate funding for disability issues
Topics covered in this training:
- Effective strategies and best practices for meetings
- Steps to take before, during, and after meetings
- Building relationships and staying connected
- Putting it into practice: role plays
Additional trainings in this series:
- Part 1: Policy Advocacy – Getting Started — January 14, 2017
- Part 3: Writing to Legislators — January 28, 2017
- Part 4: Preparing & Giving Testimony — February 4, 2017
» Download the Legislative Training Series Flyer
“Get into politics as if your life depends upon it, because it does”
– Justin Dart (father of the ADA)